A Family of Transportation Companies
Since 1982, we have grown into a large family of diversified transportation and distribution companies. Saltchuk companies employ more than 7,500 employees, located throughout North America and the Caribbean. Our companies serve the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and conduct international operations on behalf of U.S. customers.
Together, our diverse yet complementary companies share one set of values and are able to provide cost-effective solutions to their customers’ transportation needs. We are proud to count these highly respected companies among the most reliable, innovative and ethical in our industry.
Saltchuk companies represent seven lines of business:
- Air Cargo: Northern Aviation Services
- Alaska Trucking & Logistics: Carlile
- Domestic Shipping & Logistics: TOTE
- International Shipping & Logistics: Tropical Shipping
- Marine Resources: Foss
- Petroleum Distribution: North Star Petroleum
- Nationwide Trucking & Logistics : Interstate Distributor
Our job at Saltchuk is to continually grow our company and improve our organization. We do so by looking for ways to streamline our business while maintaining our operating companies’ independence. We provide a reliable source of capital for our companies to grow and invest in their operations, and in turn, this contributes to our competitive advantage.
How Our Companies Benefit
As we continue to grow and evolve, Saltchuk companies enjoy:
- Stability: Saltchuk is financially sound. We invest in companies with the intention of holding them in perpetuity: we’re in it for the long haul.
- Leadership: Our companies are run by leaders who are part of a network of professionals and other leaders who share a common mission and values.
- Safety Programs: Our companies are required to maintain a 100% safe workplace and the highest environmental standards.
- “Good Company” Values: We stress safety, reliability and commitment.
- Smooth Integration: Our acquisition and integration processes happen quickly and efficiently.
- Shared Systems: Technology and consolidated systems give our companies a competitive advantage.
- Community Outreach: We create return not just for shareholders, but also for our communities.