Giving Back is at the heart of what it means to be a Saltchuk company. Over the last five years, Saltchuk companies have given an average of $4 million each year, totaling more than $21 million in cash and in-kind support to communities in which we operate. Each year our companies provided financial, in-kind, and volunteer support to hundreds of community-building organizations.
Our Community Giving Principles
- We believe in supporting the communities in which we work and where our employees live.
- We strive to be excellent corporate citizens, ever mindful of our commitment to integrity, job safety, environmental stewardship, and giving back to the communities we serve.
- We encourage cross-group collaboration and share information about our charitable donations and practices throughout our organization and with our customers and partners.
Types of Gifts
- Cash Gifts: We give through Regional Giving Committees in Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, and the Caribbean, as well as through each of our operating companies.
- In-Kind Gifts: Our companies support their communities with non-cash items, such as freight transportation, using similar criteria as cash donations.
- Workplace campaigns and volunteer programs: Our companies encourage employees to be active participants in their communities. Volunteerism and charitable giving are encouraged at all levels within our organization.
Regional Giving Committees
- Regional giving committees in Alaska, Hawaii, Washington & the Caribbean pool resources from our operating companies and allocate funds to impact youth development and post-secondary education programming.
- Request a Grant in Hawaii using GivingTrax
- Alaska Giving Committee contact, Dave Karp
- Washington Giving Committee contact, Emily Reiter
- Caribbean Giving Committee contact, Christopher Smith