Giving Back is at the heart of what it means to be a Saltchuk company. Over the last decade, Saltchuk companies have given an average of $2.5 million each year, totaling more than $20 million in cash and in-kind support to communities in which we operate. In 2014 our companies provided financial, in-kind and volunteer support to more than 500 community building organizations. Download our 2014 Giving Report
Our Community Giving Principles
- We believe in supporting the communities in which we work and where our employees live.
- We strive to be excellent corporate citizens, ever mindful of our commitment to integrity, job safety, environmental stewardship, and giving back to the communities we serve.
- We encourage cross-group collaboration and share information about our charitable donations and practices throughout our organization and with our customers and partners.
Types of Gifts
- Cash Gifts: We give through Regional Giving Committees in Washington, Alaska, Hawaii and the Caribbean, as well as through each of our operating companies.
- In-Kind Gifts: Our companies support their communities with non-cash items, such as freight transportation, using similar criteria as cash donations.
- Workplace campaigns and volunteer programs: Our companies encourage employees to be active participants in their communities. Volunteerism and charitable giving is encouraged at all levels within our organization.
Regional Giving Committees
- Regional giving committees in Alaska, Hawaii, Washington & the Caribbean pool resources from our operating companies and allocate funds to impact youth development and post-secondary education programming.
- Learn more about our Regional Giving Program and the organizations we support.