Saltchuk Aviation: Delivering On Our Commitment
Saltchuk Aviation, specializing in industry-related services, comprises operating brands Aloha Air Cargo and Northern Air Cargo, Hawaii, and Alaska’s largest scheduled all-cargo airlines. Ryan Air, the most recent addition to Saltchuk Aviation, expands air cargo services beyond seven main hubs in Alaska to 73 rural villages. Aloha Tech Ops and Northern Air Maintenance Services, both FAA-certified Part 145 Repair Stations operate in Hawaii and Alaska. StratAir and StratAir Puerto Rico provide scheduled freighter service throughout the Caribbean and Latin America. These companies deliver a wide variety of aviation experience for domestic and international customers.
Air Cargo operations serving Alaska, Hawaii, the Caribbean & beyond
Northern Air Cargo, North America’s longest, continuously operating all-cargo airline, joined the Saltchuk family of companies in 2006 and local Hawaii company Aloha Air Cargo in 2008. StratAir joined the Saltchuk family of companies in 2016.
Each company has developed a reputation for providing people and businesses with a full array of air transportation logistics quickly, efficiently, and safely.
- Scheduled cargo service from Anchorage to seven hubs, and 73 rural villages in Alaska; and flights to and from Los Angeles (LAX) and Honolulu (HNL), from HNL to Seattle (SEA), and between all five major Hawaii airports.
- On-demand charters in Hawaii and throughout North and South America
- ACMI leasing worldwide
- Third-party aircraft maintenance in Alaska and Hawaii
- Aviation-related management services and consulting expertise
- Aviation support services for large-scale industrial projects
- Scheduled freighter service throughout the Caribbean & Latin America
- More than $237M in annual revenue
- More than 1,060 employees
- All-cargo Boeing 767s and 737s
- Transports 380M pounds of freight annually
- Largest all-cargo carrier in Alaska and Hawaii
- Part 145 repair station
Hawaii’s largest all-cargo airline provides freight transportation throughout the Hawaiian Islands and between West Coast destinations.
An FAA-certified Part 145 repair station and FAA Safety Management System (SMS) participant, Aloha Tech Ops is a leading provider of aircraft maintenance and repair of commercial aircraft throughout the Hawai’ian Islands.
Northern Air Cargo (NAC) is Alaska’s largest all-cargo airline, connecting 13 rural communities with essential supplies since 1956. NAC OnDemand charter and ACMI lease services offered throughout the U.S. and Central America.
Northern Air Maintenance Services (NAMS) provides aviation support services to Alaska’s oil and gas industry.
Started in 1953 in the small village of Unalakleet, Ryan Air is managed by the third generation of Ryan family. In Bush Alaska, where air service is the only way to receive and send furniture, clothing, food, medical supplies, and more, the runway is a community’s lifeline. Ryan Air, an Alaska Bush carrier for over half a century, serves 73 remote Alaskan villages.
StratAir provides special cargo, ground handling, and warehousing services as well as a mix of scheduled and charter services to key import and export destinations through North America, the Caribbean, and South America.