TOTE: A Company With Focus
TOTE is the head of one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services, one of the oldest companies in the Saltchuk portfolio, provides leading ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners.
Domestic Shipping in Alaska & Puerto Rico
Saltchuk’s first company began what is now our largest line of business. In 2012, TOTE Maritime’s two domestic liner businesses announced they would be the first in the U.S. to convert their fleet to operate on Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). Our Domestic Shipping companies’ rich history, exciting growth and innovation make it a constant source of pride for Saltchuk.
- Domestic transportation services
- Cargo logistics
- 3rd-party vessel construction/management
- Roll-on-roll-off and containerized ocean transportation
- Ocean vessel ownership and charter
- Specialized temperature controlled equipment fleet
- $700+M annual revenue
- 1,300 employees
- 5 vessels, 4 sailings per week
- 20+ vessels under management
- First U.S. company to convert its ships to run on natural gas
- Building the first LNG containerships in the world