Foss: A Northwest Icon
Foss joined the Saltchuk family of companies in 1987. Foss owns and operates one of the nation’s largest coastal tug and barge fleets, offering a broad range of green- and blue-water marine services in the Pacific Northwest, Hawaii, Alaska and beyond. Foss serves the world’s largest oil and gas companies, international shipping companies and a variety of governmental and nongovernmental agencies. In addition, with two Pacific Northwest shipyards, Foss provides full technical and engineering services from naval architecture and marine engineering to vessel design, construction, and repair.
Versatile & Responsive Marine Services
Founded in 1889 by Thea Foss, “Tugboat Annie” herself, Foss has seen tremendous growth over the years and expanded its global capabilities. With a keen use of technology, Foss and its subsidiaries: Young Brothers Ltd in Hawaii, Cook Inlet Tug & Barge in Alaska and AmNav in California, continue to lead the industry in innovative solutions, and environmental stewardship. They brought several firsts to the industry, like the first tanker assist vessels and the first Green Assist™ hybrid tug.
Foss Maritime Services
- Marine Transportation Services
- Technical & Engineering Services
- Harbor Services
- Hawaii Inter-Island Freight Services
- Harbor Services the Port of Anchorage and Cook Inlet, Seward, Southeast Alaska, Aleutian Islands and Western Alaska
- Marine and harbor services in the San Francisco Bay area
- $430+M annual revenue
- 1,600 employees
- 200+ vessels
- Built and owns the world’s first hybrid tugs
- Two Pacific Northwest shipyards