Tropical: Serving the Caribbean and Beyond
When Tropical Shipping joined the Saltchuk family of companies in 2014, Saltchuk added international shipping as a new line of business. For over 50 years, Tropical has provided the fastest, most reliable transportation and logistics services to The Bahamas and Caribbean. From Canada to Guyana, and destinations between, Tropical Shipping meets customers’ freight-shipping needs with full service cargo logistics, warehousing and consolidation, state-of-the-art facilities in select seaside ports, as well as, cargo insurance.
Saltchuk’s International Shipping Business
While international shipping may be Saltchuk’s newest line of business, our commitment to the Caribbean began more than 18 years ago with our U.S. flag operation serving Puerto Rico. Tropical’s foreign flag fleet provides service to the balance of the region and furthers our commitment to the Caribbean market. Tropical Shipping’s relationship with its Caribbean neighbors is deep and lasting, built on leadership, trust, responsiveness and good corporate citizenship.
- Fixed-day sailing schedules with the fastest transit times
- Complete FCL, LCL and Consolidation services
- Caribbean’s most reliable refrigeration services
- National Pickup Service
- Global connectivity
- Cargo receiving warehouses
- Marine cargo insurance
- Security safeguards on land and sea
- Partnerships with global carriers to facilitate the transport of cargo from around the world to The Bahamas and Caribbean.
- Founded in 1963
- 1,270+ employees
- $409M annual revenue
- Serves 30 ports throughout the Caribbean
- Operates 17 vessels
- Approx. 13,000 container fleet
- 3,100 refrigerated containers
- Approx. 4,400 chassis