Technology and Systems Analyst
Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: July 1, 2019
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
The Technology and Systems Analyst is responsible for reviewing and managing the status and security of all servers within the TOTE datacenters and cloud. This position will ensure that the server computing infrastructure, serving our corporate and field functions, is capable of supporting the requirements of the enterprise.
- Oversee monitoring, maintenance, capacity planning, tuning, and troubleshooting of servers running Microsoft Server Operating Systems.
- Oversee daily operational support including user Active Directory account administration (including Group Policy), application administration, manage file and share permissions, monitor the integrity and availability of all server resources, and review system and application logs.
- Oversee server administration duties related TOTE technologies including, but not limited to, software installation and maintenance, storage administration, capacity planning, and troubleshooting including performance issues.
- Partner with internal business units, vendors, outsourced managed service providers, and the internal ITSS team to ensure cost-effective solutions are being designed and efficiently delivered to meet business needs.
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and maintain appropriate licensing in accordance with license agreements.
- Create and maintain operational documentation including operating procedures, controls and policies.
- Provide direction and assistance with the automation of routine operational tasks. Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Assist in the achievement of Operational Excellence objectives for overall system reliability, security, availability, responsiveness, effectiveness, and operational cost. Develop Infrastructure security controls to satisfy audit requirements.
- Analyze incident history and conduct root-cause analysis on system failures that disrupt normal business operations when needed.
- Work with the functional teams and IT partners to provide service to our internal customers.
- Three or more years’ experience implementing and managing servers running current Microsoft Server operating systems.
- Demonstrated expertise with Windows security models including Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Solid understanding of IP networking (LAN and WAN) and storage technologies (SAN and NAS).
- Knowledge of replication including snapshot, transactional and merge replication.
- Self-motivated and capable of successfully delivering assigned work on-time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pull from experience and present best practices, make recommendations on ways to improve existing environment.
- Ability to look at the current work load and determine best ways to improve on processes and enhance procedures.
- Strong written communications skills in order to be able to describe processes and solutions concisely and professionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on customer interaction, customer service, and presentation.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to manage both internal and external resources.
- Superior analytical and problem solving/root cause analysis skills Familiarity with data mart, data warehouse, and business intelligent technologies and strategies.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server database technologies, administration and operations.
- Excellent organization and task management skills. Strong knowledge of interfaces, integration techniques and process flows.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server programming relating to ETL operations for data integration.
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned with a customer service mindset.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services and Reporting Services.
- Define and document business reporting requirements.
- Design and develop business reports.
- Manage business related process issues as they relate to supported applications.
- Set-up, configure and maintain system configuration and parameters. Investigate and resolve data discrepancies.
- Detect and resolve application errors.
- Strong understanding of Azure and Office 365, both admin center and PowerShell administration.
- Strong understanding of System Center Configuration Manager. Education Requirements
- An Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field is desired or equivalent experience.
- Related professional certifications are a plus: MCSA, MCSE, VCA, VCP, ITIL
- These requirements include, but are not limited to server and storage capacity, security, backup and recovery.