Stockroom Manager – Honolulu
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Warehouse
Publish Date: January 28, 2019
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, is the largest air cargo company in the state of Hawaii and is a vital transportation provider to business, government and non-profit entities, with flights between Honolulu and Kahului, Lihue, Kona, and Hilo. Aloha Air Cargo also offers daily cargo service between Honolulu and Las Vegas and 6 day a week cargo service between Honolulu and Los Angeles. Aloha Air Cargo maintains stations in Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue, Kona, Hilo and Los Angeles. Aloha carries diverse cargo including perishables and provides the only overnight service with refrigeration capabilities at all of our major stations.
Pay Rate: DOE
Aloha Air Cargo
The Stockroom Manager reports to the Director of Maintenance. This position will be responsible for accurate inventory control and to support Aloha Tech Ops customers parts requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Develop and implement policies and procedures governing day to day operation of the Supply department and ensure policies and goals set by Director, Maintenance.
2. Report any problems or incidents to the Director, Maintenance and the appropriate department as outlined in current company manuals.
3. Conduct the first step of labor grievances in his/her department.
4. Direct the work of assigned employees and initiate disciplinary actions when necessary.
5. Evaluate the work performance of assigned employees on a scheduled basis.
6. Maintain a current manpower schedule and ensure there are adequately qualified personnel available to perform the required tasks.
7. Maintain general safety information and equipment and ensure it is in proper working order, correctly marked, properly displayed, etc.
8. Approve Supply department employee’s PTO requests as work load scheduling allows, as well as review and approve employee’s timecards.
9. Coordinate with other departments as necessary to facilitate the judicious implementation of the Company plan.
10. Maintain Trax inventory records, conduct physical inventory counts and manage effective parts inventory control.
11. Coordinate procurement and repair of company parts, materials, equipment, technical data, etc. through proper channels to support the company maintenance department, other company departments and external customers.
12. Acquire requested parts within the specified time interval for each deferred item as stated in the Minimum Equipment List Management Program.
13. Manage requisitions, obtain quotes and manage the order processes to ensure all information is clear, understandable and that all purchases are authorized properly; and that the General Ledger coding associated with that purchase/repair is correct.
14. Research sources to find the best combination of price, quality and delivery times.
15. Apply for and obtain warranties, as applicable. Discuss defective or unacceptable goods with vendors.
16. Ensure all applicable regulations, company policies and procedures pertaining to the Supply department and parts therein are adhered to.
17. Maintain catalog, database and other source files.
18. Arrange shipping of parts and materials as needed.
19. Ensure that all aircraft parts, materials, equipment, tooling and supplies ordered are properly certified.
20. Assures that all tooling, test equipment and station equipment are maintained and in working order and have a current calibration, if applicable.
21. Report any problems, incidents or irregularities to the Director, Maintenance and the appropriate departments as defined in current company manuals.
22. Such other duties as may be assigned by the Director, Maintenance.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
• Must have High School Diploma or general education diploma (GED).
• Must have a minimum of two years of experience as a lead or supervisor in a Supply Department in an airline environment.
• Must have excellent computer, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret written instruction and procedures, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other managers or employees, customer, vendors, and outside agencies.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs is required.
• Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Knowledge of TRAX maintenance software is highly desired.
• Must have ability to multi-task and work well in a high-pressure environment.