Company: Shoreside Logistics
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: October 31, 2019
Are you a relationship-driven Operations Manager who shares our values of safety, teamwork and integrity?
Shoreside Logistics in Jacksonville is seeking an experienced Operations Manager with 5-10 years in the trucking industry and knowledge of the Truckmate software system.
In this role you will work as a coach, advisor and advocate for your team. You will also be the primary point of contact for any operations-related issues for Shoreside customers. You will work with operations and customer service and be a trusted partner for finance, safety and human resources.
At Shoreside Logistics we take our values seriously, and our management team leads by example. You will join a group of experienced, dedicated trucking and logistics professionals, all driving toward the same goal – to make our customers’ cargo transportation experience smooth, safe and cost-effective, always pursuing quality and efficiency. Interested in learning more? Apply today!
- Coach your team to success
- Prepare monthly forecast P&L statements and budgetary requirements.
- Report, review and react to weekly KPI Operational metrics across Operation Team.
- Maintain and develop relationships with Owner Operators, Contract Employees and Company drivers
- Develop and provide input on pricing strategies for rate requests.
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to on-time service, Customer Service, DOT issues, and Safety issues and Operations Staff.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints, including training or retraining and keeping the operational staff up to date on all new procedures.
- Reduce driver turnover to meet company goal of 50%
- Effectively coach drivers to meet safety goal
- Positively impact driver availability
- Be a driver advocate
- BS Degree in Logistics or 5 - 10 year experience in the Trucking Industry in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of TruckMate Software System