NSMV Internship Description
Company: TOTE Services
Employment Type: Internship
Publish Date: July 5, 2019
Company Description: Since 1975, TOTE Services has provided full technical management and partial management/ crewing services for nearly one-hundred vessels of various sizes and configurations. We know that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. Whether we’re hiring for a shoreside or seagoing position, we look for people who can help us provide the world’s best ship management, marine operations, and vessel services. TOTE Services strives to lead the industry in safety, quality, and operational excellence and the TOTE Services team is critical to our success. www.toteservices.com
Purpose of Job:
TOTE Services has been awarded a contract by the Maritime Administration (MARAD) to manage construction of a new class of vessel – the National Security Multi-Mission Vessel (NSMV) – to provide training to sustain world-class maritime sea training for America’s future mariners and to support humanitarian assistance and disaster relief (HA/DR) in times of need. These vessels will promote growth of our nation’s domestic maritime industry through the development of a next generation training fleet. In addition to being a state-of-the-art training and educational platform, the NSMV is a highly-functional national asset designed to fulfill numerous humanitarian and disaster relief roles. Join TOTE Services Internship program to maximize and expand on the principles of project management and ships construction through opportunities to apply marine transportation principles, gain hands-on experience, and develop an understanding of continuous improvement in business administration.
To apply for this job please visit nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a front line operational position at the TOTE Services headquarters to develop an understanding of the flow of business and assist the NSMV Program Manager on a regular basis at TOTE.
- Develop and present a summary of internship takeaways to the company.
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach and exceptional communication at all levels of the organization.
- Champions a culture that supports our company values of Safety, Commitment, and Integrity.
- Assist with shipyard selection.
- Detailed note taking, formatting and organizing documents, and producing presentations.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and overtime, as required.
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited college, university or technical/vocational institution.
- Maritime college preferred.
- Military experience preferred.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA preferred Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Excel)
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and manage time efficiently.