GSE Mechanic – Honolulu
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Publish Date: May 21, 2019
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, is the largest air cargo company in the state of Hawaii and is a vital transportation provider to business, government and non-profit entities, with flights between Honolulu and Kahului, Lihue, Kona, and Hilo. Aloha Air Cargo also offers daily cargo service between Honolulu and Las Vegas and 6 day a week cargo service between Honolulu and Los Angeles. Aloha Air Cargo maintains stations in Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue, Kona, Hilo and Los Angeles. Aloha carries diverse cargo including perishables and provides the only overnight service with refrigeration capabilities at all of our major stations.
Aloha Air Cargo
The GSE Mechanic is responsible for performing preventive maintenance and repairs on airport ground support equipment, vehicles, and other related equipment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Receives work orders and obtains the necessary tools required for the repair.
2. Transports the vehicle(s) to be repaired by driving, towing or
pushing vehicle into service bay. Vehicles may consist of tugs,
forklifts, pay loaders, and other larger airport vehicles.
3. Inspects parts and/or motor vehicles to identify defective or
4. Repairs diesel engines, hydraulic, electric, and mechanical
5. Obtains replacement parts, installing and/or making repairs as
required. Repairs may require rebuilding as assemblies, systems, etc.
6. Confers with Supervisor for complex repairs, which require
direction or approval for ordering of parts.
7. Completes work orders and provides status on any "open" work orders.
8. Additional duties may include changing batteries, tires, oil, and other minor repairs.
• High School diploma or equivalency
• Minimum of three (3) years working experience on airport equipment or automotive repair shop
• Knowledge in repair of heavy-duty diesel/automotive equipment,
electrical and hydraulic systems, welding, fabricating, auto body and paint highly desirable but not required as long as the incumbent is willing and
• Able to learn such duties within a reasonable amount of time.
• Must have own tools and be able to operate various power and hand tools safely.
Aloha Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity Employer Male/Female/Veterans/Disabled