Engineering Deliverables Manager
Company: TOTE Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Publish Date: June 5, 2019
Company Description: Since 1975, TOTE Services has provided full technical management and partial management/ crewing services for nearly one-hundred vessels of various sizes and configurations. We know that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. Whether we’re hiring for a shoreside or seagoing position, we look for people who can help us provide the world’s best ship management, marine operations, and vessel services. TOTE Services strives to lead the industry in safety, quality, and operational excellence and the TOTE Services team is critical to our success. www.toteservices.com
Purpose of Job:
TOTE Services has been awarded a contract by the Maritime Administration (MARAD) to manage construction of a new class of vessel – the National Security Multi-Mission Vessel (NSMV) – to provide training to sustain world-class maritime sea training for America’s future mariners and to support humanitarian assistance and disaster relief (HA/DR) in times of need. These vessels will promote growth of our nation’s domestic maritime industry through the development of a next generation training fleet. In addition to being a state-of-the-art training and educational platform, the NSMV is a highly-functional national asset designed to fulfill numerous humanitarian and disaster relief roles. This position is responsible for the oversight of the project schedule to ensure milestones are achieved, deliverables meet scopes of service and company quality standards, and budgets are maintained according to negotiated contract terms and agreements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure all document and deliverable production is assigned by role for initial preparation, to include the identification of required peer review, cross-team endorsements, and/or leadership approvals.
• Schedule and facilitate periodic meetings between the company, the government, the shipyard, and other parties throughout project by creating meeting agendas, PowerPoint presentations, and taking meeting minutes
• Coordinate and support non-shipyard subcontractors during vessel construction
• Ensure all contractual and formal plans are kept up to date based on project schedule changes and communicated to all parties
• Ensure documents with expected impacts or resultant products are directly linked and monitored for contractual compliance and serve or represent TOTE Services as required deliverables
• Maintain compliance and the master cross-reference matrix; assist with the maintenance of the of the Compliance & Traceability matrix
• Review products for contractual compliance and demonstrate understanding of data management
• Represent TOTE Services at all major program engagements
• Field stakeholder concerns to address any deviations from project schedule and provide for contractual changes or corrective actions
• Ensure compliance with the security and safety requirements for project
• Travel to shipyards, design agents, subcontractors, and customer locations up to 30% of the time and be open to relocation near shipyard within 6-12 months
• Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals
Limited supervision. Work is performed to a large extent on own responsibility after assignment, with some choice of method. Occasionally develops own method.
Judgment Decisions: Mistakes and errors in judgment are serious in nature, causing considerable loss of money, production time, or adversely affecting customer relations.
Disclosure of Information Selections: This position involves regular work with some information which, if disclosed, might have adverse internal effect or objectionable outside results.
• Excellent Organizational Skills
• Comfort with working independently with little to no supervision
• Technological Savvy – Proficient in Microsoft Suite (MS Project experience preferred)
• Project management experience
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
• Shipyard Experience Preferred, especially in a new construction setting
• 4-year degree or relevant experience in marine transportation or engineering
• 10 + years’ experience in marine transportation/engineering or equivalent experience
• USCG 3rd Mate or 3rd Assistant or higher Officer License or significant military or government vessel experience required
Physical Requirements of the Position
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Requirements of the Position
Visual requirement equal to that for clerical administrative whose work deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, transcription, computer terminal, extensive reading, etc.