Dispatcher – Honolulu
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: February 27, 2019
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, is the largest air cargo company in the state of Hawaii and is a vital transportation provider to business, government and non-profit entities, with flights between Honolulu and Kahului, Lihue, Kona, and Hilo. Aloha Air Cargo also offers daily cargo service between Honolulu and Las Vegas and 6 day a week cargo service between Honolulu and Los Angeles. Aloha Air Cargo maintains stations in Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue, Kona, Hilo and Los Angeles. Aloha carries diverse cargo including perishables and provides the only overnight service with refrigeration capabilities at all of our major stations.
Pay Rate: DOE
Aloha Air Cargo
The Dispatcher is responsible for ensuring that all flights are conducted safely and efficiently and in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs). The Dispatcher is responsible to the Manager of Systems Control (Chief Dispatcher) for operational control of airline flight operations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Releases, coordinates and monitors the operation of all Company aircraft in cooperation with the assigned Captain.
2. Becomes thoroughly familiar with all information regarding dispatching of Company aircraft.
3. Dispatches, reroutes, delays and/or cancels flights in accordance with regulations and Company policies/procedures.
4. Provides the Captain with all available current reports or information that may affect the safety of a flight.
5. Monitors the progress of each flight and initiates changes in clearances before or during a flight as appropriate.
6. Initiates emergency procedures in accordance with emergency authority and the information provided in the Emergency section of this manual.
7. Maintains records and reports as required by the Flight Operations Department or regulations, as appropriate.
8. Responsible for the scheduling of Pilots in accordance with applicable Federal Air Regulations.
9. Produces the daily flight schedule for Aloha Air Cargo.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager - Systems Control (Chief Dispatcher).
11. The qualifications for this position are contained in the Dispatch Manual.
• High School equivalency required, Bachelor Degree preferred.
• Must have a FAA Aircraft Dispatch Certificate.
• 1 to 3 years of airline operations experience in Dispatch, Flight Operations or Air Traffic Control is preferred.
• Must meet the FAR minimum requirements for a Dispatcher (14 CFR 121.641 and 121.463)
• Must be able to read and understand aviation text weather, maps and weather graphics.
• Must be able to analyze route structure, weather conditions, aircraft capabilities and emergency situations to select the best course of action.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, high stress environment
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.