Crew Chief – Honolulu
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Publish Date: March 28, 2019
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, is the largest air cargo company in the state of Hawaii and is a vital transportation provider to business, government and non-profit entities, with flights between Honolulu and Kahului, Lihue, Kona, and Hilo. Aloha Air Cargo also offers daily cargo service between Honolulu and Las Vegas and 6 day a week cargo service between Honolulu and Los Angeles. Aloha Air Cargo maintains stations in Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue, Kona, Hilo and Los Angeles. Aloha carries diverse cargo including perishables and provides the only overnight service with refrigeration capabilities at all of our major stations.
Aloha Air Cargo
Crew Chief is a working member of the crew and is responsible for directing, coordinating, and leading ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo on the ramp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Routes inbound and outbound air freight shipments to their destinations.
2. Receives counter orders from customers and arranges for pickup of freight and delivery to loading platform.
3. Assembles cargo according to destination.
4. Weighs items and determines cost, using established tariffs.
5. Direct or participate in cargo loading in order to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
6. Itemizes charges, prepares freight bills, accepts payments and issues refunds.
7. Prepares manifest to accompany shipments.
8. Adhere to required security procedures and hazardous material handling requirements.
9. Unloads inbound freight and notifies consignees on arrival of shipments and arranges for delivery to consignees.
10. Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
1. **Load Coordinator – Coordinate and supervise personnel in loading of our company aircraft during operations. When assigned as a crewmember, reports and be directly responsible to the Crew Chief.
2. **International Document Specialist – trained in handling all required documentation for International Customers/Carriers.
3. ** - a premium is paid for all hours worked as a Load Coordinator and/or International Document Specialist.
1. Have ability to withstand outdoor/adverse working conditions (i.e. noise/fumes/extreme temperatures/adverse weather, etc)
2. Have ability to bend, stretch, lift, push, pull, or carry objects of 75lbs maximum weight
• High School diploma or equivalency
• Must be able to qualify and obtain an AOA badge and a U.S. Customs and Border Protection seal
• Available to work various shifts including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
Aloha Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity Employer Male/Female/Veterans/Disabled