Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Warehouse
Publish Date: January 21, 2019
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Receives, tallies, and loads out cargo. Maintains a professional attitude and relationship with customers, common carriers, U.S. Customs, and U.S.D.A.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
1. Receives and stows inbound freight with forklift. Completes tallies and labels cargo.
2. Ensures preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment.
3. Makes cargo available for U.S. Customs and U.S.D.A. inspections.
4. Makes cargo available for pick up by consignees and common carriers.
5. Maintains neatness and cleanliness throughout warehouse and dock area.
6. Directs the work of temporary personnel, when necessary.
7. Coordinates transloading of cargo at other receiving areas, when necessary.
8. Coordinates movement and positioning of containers with Jockey Pool.
9. Performs all other duties as requested.
|High School Diploma or equivalent|
|Six months in warehouse operations.|
|Valid Local Driver's License|
|Operations - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer or handheld. Ability to frequently twist, bend, reach, squat, kneel, climb on equipment, push/pull 50 to 100 pounds, crawl, lift and carry at least 80 pounds on a daily basis. Able to withstand constant exposure to extreme weather conditions.|