Aircraft Mechanic I
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation, Maintenance, Mechanic
Publish Date: October 27, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Aircraft Mechanic I will perform maintenance on company aircraft including service checks, line maintenance, servicing and dispatch for Northern Air Cargo. The Aircraft Mechanic I will overhaul, repair, disassemble, and assemble aircraft and aircraft components. The Aircraft Mechanic I will sign and be held accountable for all work accomplished on company aircraft and components. The Aircraft Mechanic I shall interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures. Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Possess valid FAA Airframe and/or Power Plant license. 737 experience desirable.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand on ladders for up to 2 hours.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Regular attendance and shift work is required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.