Enterprise Applications Intern
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Part Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: October 15, 2020
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
Begin your IT career! If you are actively pursuing a Computer Science or Management Information Systems degree, this position is a great opportunity to gain practical work experience.
The Enterprise Applications Intern works as part of the ITS Department to assist in project documentation, planning, and execution of ITS projects and operations. They also work directly with end-users or as part of the Enterprise Applications group to help define requirements for new or enhanced information systems. Also supports projects and operations conducted by members of the Service Desk and Infrastructure teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works as part of our ITS Department as a direct liaison between end-users and application programmers.
- Works directly with end users and managers to help define their requirements for new or enhanced information services.
- Studies problems and needs of the organization to help determine how people, methods, and information technology can best be leveraged to bring about maximum benefit to the organization.
- Performs analysis and troubleshooting of application problems.
- Provides support for all aspects of enterprise application lifecycle development to include: project management, training, user acceptance testing, go-live, and production support.
- Supports the System Analyst 1, System Analyst II and the Enterprise Applications Manager with project documentation, execution and support.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be actively in pursuit of and nearing completion of a bachelors degree in CS, MIS, or related field.
- Education in programming, database management and technologies like MSSQL, Oracle, .NET, and SAP ECC is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work at least 2 days each week for a minimum of 4 hours per day.
- Ability to do minimal debugging and modification of programs.
- Expert at using Microsoft Office applications. Skilled at using Microsoft Visio to document business processes.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Must take direction well and be motivated self-starters.
- Must be open and excited to learn new technologies.
- Customer service oriented and willing to learn new techniques to best serve stakeholders.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with management and staff throughout the organization.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month, including some periods of high stress.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires use of personal computer (word processing and spreadsheets) for compiling reports, statistical data, composing memoranda and other similar documents.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.