Commercial Research Intern
Company: Saltchuk Marine Shared Services
Employment Type: Part Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Sales
Publish Date: September 9, 2021
Company Description: Saltchuk Marine Shared Services’ dynamic service-driven team provides a suite of support services including Accounting, Finance, Information Technology (IT), Human Resources (HR), HSQE, Legal/Risk, Fleet Monitoring and Business Development to Saltchuk Marine operating companies: Foss Maritime, AmNav, Cook Inlet Tug & Barge, and Young Brothers. Our team enables our sister companies to focus on the important work of keeping ships and cargo moving safely. SMSS is headquartered in Downtown Seattle’s Pioneer Square neighborhood with easy transit access and a beautiful view of Puget Sound.
Saltchuk Marine Shared Services
Saltchuk Marine Shared Services is looking for a qualified and enthusiastic candidate to fill an internship that will provide support to the VP Commercial Markets. This internship is a great opportunity for a student to learn about the exciting towage, offshore wind and other energy markets within the Maritime industry. We are looking for someone who has a strong passion for market research and analysis and has the ability to determine the relevance of data analytics. The ideal candidate for this internship must be able to know what conclusions to draw from the data and be able to find creative ways to best present that data. The successful candidate will learn both from the tasks, being in the Saltchuk Marine maritime and professional environment, and our commitment to spend the time necessary to coach/teach.
- Conduct commercial research and analysis, including market data, market trends, market evaluation, competitor research, etc.
- Preparation of presentations, specifically in respect of market developments and other commercial issues.
- Ad hoc tasks for the VP Commercial Markets
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong research, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Must be self-motivated with exceptional organization skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office application, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- High level of attention to detail, data integrity and quality.
- Possess an eye for design and creativity for data presentation.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand relevance of data and if additional data is necessary and where to obtain such data.
- Judgment is required to meet new conditions and to select from precedents and procedures.
- Ability to seek out individuals for advice in solving unique problems that may arise.
This job will have frequent new and varied work situations. Involves a moderate degree of complexity. Decisions are made on day-to-day priorities based on direction provided by others in the form of deadlines, project objectives or other specifications.
Enrolled in an accredited university as a Senior majoring in Business, Economics, Accounting, Maritime or other relevant areas or 1st year MBA candidate
Saltchuk Marine Shared Services is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. SMSS is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.