AAC PT Cargo Agent – Maui
Company: Aloha Air Cargo
Employment Type: Part Time
Job Category: Ground Operations, Labor, Warehouse
Publish Date: November 23, 2021
Company Description: Aloha Air Cargo, headquartered in Honolulu, the largest air cargo company in Hawaii, has a strong reputation in the communities in which we operate. Our employees appreciate the positive impact they make in peoples' lives by providing an essential service. Our employees value the industry, the culture, and each other. The compensation, medical, and retirement benefits we offer reflect our commitment to supporting our team's financial and personal wellbeing. When you join our organization, we commit to you and your family to maintain an ethical, high-integrity, and safe work environment. Aloha Air Cargo is a place where your contributions are valued and a place where you would be proud to have your children work.
Aloha Air Cargo
Cargo Agent duties include any one or a combination of duties include the loading and unloading of cargo and mail, aircraft and ground equipment operation, as well as cleaning, service and towing of aircraft and equipment, engaging and disengaging of air-start and ground power units, cargo transfers, cargo warehousing and cargo services including telephone sales, customer information and other cargo office duties. In addition, a CA performs other duties within the normal scope of cargo work and to ensure optimum customer service and maximum effort in achieving departmental goals. This is a union represented position.
This is a union represented position and position starts at $15.63 / hour with a quarterly retention bonus for eligible employees.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
• Routes inbound and outbound air freight shipments to their destinations.
• Receives counter orders from customers and arranges for pickup of freight and delivery to loading platform.
• Assembles cargo according to destination.
• Weighs items and determines cost, using established tariffs.
• Direct or participate in cargo loading in order to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
• Itemizes charges, prepares freight bills, accepts payments and issues refunds.
• Prepares manifest to accompany shipments.
• Adhere to required security procedures and hazardous material handling requirements.
• Unloads inbound freight and notifies consignees on arrival of shipments and arranges for delivery to consignees.
• Perform operations in conjunction with the loading and unloading of mail.
• Able to scan and assemble mail according to destination.
• Adhere to required security procedures at Air Cargo and with equipment handling.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalency preferred.
• The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects of 75 lbs maximum weight.
• Must be able to qualify and obtain a U.S. Customs and Border Protection seal.
• Possess a valid driver’s license, ability to obtain an Airport Motor Vehicle Operating Permit, and the ability to obtain certification to operate forklift trucks for the purpose of loading and unloading freight.
• Must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment and is detail oriented.
• Available to work various shifts including weekends and holidays.
• Basic typing and computer skills are required.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations.
• Good communication skills.