Yard Worker – Bulk
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Labor, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: February 21, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for off-loading bulk products from rail cars and tankers.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Works with dispatcher and drivers to ensure the proper dispatching of bulk products
- Communicates with dispatcher in the delivery and timing of the removal/delivery of rail cars and their related product
- Move freight and other materials using forklifts and rail goat to position for receiving and loading
- Will assist drivers in the loading of bulk product
- Will maintain the rail spur and notify dispatcher of any damage or repair that is needed
- Will operate a forklift to off-load
- Inspect truck and trailers for defects through pre-trip, post-trip inspections and submit reports indicating their condition
- Will maintain building facilities, i.e. heating, cooling, etc.
- Complete thorough yard cleanup, ensuring yard is smooth and level and water-free
- Snow removal duties as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years bulk operations experience preferred
- Forklift, loader and rail goat experience preferred