Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Labor, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: July 18, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for loading and off-loading trailer, trucks and other vehicles using forklifts and other material handling equipment and preparing freight for OTW shipment.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- perate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Works with dispatchers, drivers and operations personnel to ensure yard traffic is managed efficiently
- Move freight and other materials using forklifts and hostlers to position for receiving and loading
- Create, check and confirm manifest documents
- Communicate with dispatcher on the disposition of freight and/or issues
- Complete thorough yard cleanup, stacking dunnage in dunnage racks, picking up pallets and garbage, etc.
- Sort and inspect freight for damage and inconsistencies prior to loading and unloading, ensuring freight is labeled and counted
- Tie down and secure loads on flatbeds, flat racks and rail cars in accordance with DOT regulations and Carlile policies and procedures for OTR/rail/water transport
- Couple and un-couple trucks and trailers, creating sets and preparing loads for transit
- As the lead delegate tasks to employees based on staffing levels and skill of employee
- Inspect freight for damages by documenting, photographing and reporting damage
- Snow removal duties and keeping the yard dry and maintained as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Forklift experience preferred
- CDL A license preferred