Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Labor, Trucking
Publish Date: September 4, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for loading and off-loading trailers, trucks and other vehicles using forklifts and other material handling equipment and preparing freight for OTW shipment.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Move freight and other materials using forklifts and hostlers to position for receiving and loading
- Complete thorough yard cleanup, stacking dunnage in dunnage racks, picking up pallets and garbage, etc.
- Sort and inspect freight for damage and inconsistencies prior to loading and unloading, ensuring freight is labeled and counted
- Tie down and secure loads on flatbeds, flat racks and rail cars in accordance with DOT regulations and Carlile policies and procedures for OTW and OTR transport
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- One to two years yard operations experience preferred