Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: September 17, 2018
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for maintaining a clean, organized, and efficiently operating yard. Works with dispatchers, drivers, and warehouse personnel to ensure that traffic in and out of the yard is managed efficiently. Loads and off-loads trailers, trucks, and other vehicles using forklifts and other material handling equipment. Prepare loads for transit in accordance with all DOT regulations.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSE policies and procedures
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate, attaching identifying tags to containers or marking them with identifying information
- Move freight, stock and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned
- Complete thorough yard cleanup, stacking dunnage in dunnage racks, picking up pallets and garbage, etc.
- Efficiently sort freight prior to loading and unloading, ensuring freight is labeled and counted
- Couple and un-couple trucks and trailers, creating sets, preparing loads for transit and related duties
- Tie down and secure loads on flatbeds and in vans in accordance with all DOT regulations, carrier and customer expectations
- Load and off-load trailers, trucks, and other vehicles using forklifts and other material handling equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, or equivalent is required
- Two (2) years of warehouse, dock, or yard operations experience is required
- Valid driver’s license