Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Management, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: December 29, 2021
Company Description: Carlile is a trucking and logistics company that’s proudly Alaskan. Headquartered in Anchorage, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career – on the road or in the office – this is a unique place to build one. Carlile’s training and career advancement programs turn beginning drivers and mechanics into elite professionals able to provide lifesaving supplies to customers living in some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Our Veteran Mentorship Program shows our deep respect for current and former members of the United States Armed Forces – drivers and mechanics as well as professional support staff are all invited to apply to become part of another proud tradition: serving Alaska.
This position is responsible to lead and supervise the Yard crew, ensuring a safe work environment and efficient movement of freight.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations, company policy, and all applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Manages Yard workers and leads, providing work direction, mentorship, development and training
- Manages Yard scheduling, approving timesheets and PTO requests
- Administer performance reviews, and disciplinary meetings and actions in coordination with Human Resources
- Manage Yard workers providing direction, mentoring, development and training
- Ensure accurate loading, securement and labeling of customer freight
- Maintain open and effective communication with other departments and managers, proactively mitigating issues and concerns
- Field incoming calls and emails, responding appropriately and timely to internal/external customer inquiries
- Ensures equipment is well maintained and in good working order
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Five years previous Yard experience, at least three years in the transportation industry
- Three years of supervisory experience preferred