Welder Repair Person – Riviera Beach Job ID 9291
Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Publish Date: May 2, 2021
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Responsible for repairing and refurbishing all freight equipment. May operate heavy equipment as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Maintains and repairs all trailers, containers, bulk tankers, and chassis.
- Completely refurbish chassis or containers when their economic life has been extended.
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance of chassis tires.
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of chassis electrical and air brake systems.
- Responsible for work orders, listing all materials, and labor for all work assigned.
- For the position assigned - operate heavy equipment for the purpose of positioning equipment within the repair yard.
- Operate Top Loader, Reach Stacker and Jockey Truck to reposition as necessary to supply shop with equipment. Transports ready and damaged equipment in and out of yard.
- Performs daily maintenance check on jockey truck and forklift.
- Maintains clear, effective communication using radio.
- Keeps a log of incoming damaged equipment.
- Coordinates with lead personnel to ensure that requirements for priority equipment are met.
- Stacks chassis for transport when needed.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
|EDUCATION:||High School Diploma or equivalent.|
|EXPERIENCE:||One year in welding. Must meet standards for A.B.S. certification. *Experience in operating tractor trailers and heavy machinery.|
|LICENSE:||Valid Local Driver's License. Employees assigned to position responsible for equipment moves will require certification on Top Loader, Reach Stacker and Class A CDL with HAZMAT and tanker endorsements. Must pass DOT physical.|
|PHYSICAL:||Operations - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer or handheld. Ability to frequently twist, bend, reach, squat, kneel, climb on equipment, push/pull 50 pounds, crawl, lift and carry at least 80 pounds daily. Able to withstand constant exposure to extreme weather conditions.|