Warehouse Night Supervisor – Miami Job ID 9353
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Warehouse
Publish Date: May 2, 2021
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Supervises all cargo receiving and handling operations in the Miami warehouse. Supervises the operating functions of cargo inspections, warehousing, out-loading, cargo inventory, and weekly productivity reports. Responsible for all warehouse and split requests.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Supervise cargo receiving, handling, and loading operations in receiving and the warehouse.
- Monitors and evaluates daily quality, status, and effectiveness of the operations work group.
- Compiles operational data and produces productivity reports on a weekly basis.
- Supervises freight operations and warehouse utilization from forecasted workload data and vessel schedule peak load periods
- Orders all warehouse supplies and maintains inventory of same.
- Coordinates all warehouse requests, splits and retickets.
- Ensures work group members receive necessary supplies, manuals, safety equipment and training to perform job properly.
- Performs initial training and retraining of warehouse employees.
- Ensures that work areas are safe and clean.
- Drafts internal operating procedures for freight handling functions to maintain safety, productivity, and service standards.
- Performs employee performance appraisals, participates in the interview process, and recommends hiring or dismissal.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
|EDUCATION:||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|EXPERIENCE:||Three years in cargo inspection, handling, and warehouse operations.|
|LICENSE:||Valid Local Driver's License. Valid Passport.|
|TRAVEL:||10% Travel to local Tropical locations within the continental U.S. to coordinate operations or participate in special assignments. Occasional overseas travel to coordinate with various port locations.|
|PHYSICAL:||Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion task on computer or handheld. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day. Mobility required to oversee operations activities and to perform inspection duties. Ability to frequently twist, bend, reach, squat, climb, push/pull 50-100 pounds. Requires frequent independent lifting and manipulation of weights up to 80 lbs. Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled warehouse environment.|