Vice President of Sales and Market Development
Company: Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Sales
Publish Date: November 4, 2019
Company Description: Headquartered at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport in Anchorage, Alaska, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of six operating companies — Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services, StratAir and NAS Contract Services. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate a high level safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service, while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve. NAS Contract Services provides best-in-class aviation logistic expertise and support services including logistical support to oilfield and other industrial projects, charter aircraft services, terminal management and transient aircraft services.
Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
Seeking a seasoned Business Development Executive to drive new business growth. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success developing new and existing long-term relationships with our largest, cross-geography customers in the Air Cargo market segment. This role will also oversee pricing strategies and costing for new and existing customers.
The VP is a talented and motivated Business Development professional, with 10+ years of experience in Business Development, preferably in air cargo, but also will consider aerospace/aviation industry. This position is preferably located in Seattle and will travel as needed to Alaska, Hawaii, and Florida for various projects.
Northern Aviation Services is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Saltchuk family of companies, providing a range of aviation related support services primarily in North America with revenues of over $220 million. Through our operating brands, Northern Air Cargo, Aloha Air Cargo, and StratAir we collectively transport over 250 million pounds of freight annually via our scheduled cargo service in Alaska and Hawaii and on-demand charters throughout North and South America. Other services include third party aircraft maintenance, management services and consulting expertise, aviation support services for large-scale industrial projects, and scheduled freighter service throughout the Caribbean and Latin America. Our over 1,000 employees are committed to providing safe and reliable service for our valued customers which include most major freight companies and air cargo integrators in the markets we serve.
• Contribute as part of the leadership team for all communication (conference calls, meetings, etc.) providing regular status reports and oversight of all aspects of business development, pre-sales coordination, sales, operations/logistics, transportation, etc., coordination, tracking and tracing, direct liaison between client, vendors and NAS operating companies.
• Review and assess new customer cargo needs and define the scope while working with the internal departments to provide the customer a quote/proposal.
• Develops and implements pricing strategies for our largest customers including government contracts, and provides expertise in costing and pricing strategies across all air cargo geographies, including annual pricing renewals.
• Identifies, qualifies, develops, and closes Air Cargo sales to new and existing customers.
• Documents and communicates the ‘voice of the customer’ to internal stakeholders to facilitate product evolution.
• Participates in relevant trade shows, exhibitions, conferences and other events to keep abreast of industry developments and seek potential customers.
• Delivers presentations to prospective customers as required.
• Participate and contribute to internal ‘gate reviews’ for program opportunities to assist the organization in making the right investment and business decisions.
• Develop targeted industry relations and a working knowledge of relevant markets
• Coordinate with NAS marketing to enhance brand and reach target segments and markets, as well as identify clients within the market.
• Develop and implement policies and programs to enhance the competitive position and profitability of the operation.
• Actively participate in leadership teams tasked with the development and implementation of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
• Lead an effective team through proactive hiring, coaching, mentoring and effective performance management
• Outstanding business acumen, including planning, analysis, critical thinking and decision making.
• Outstanding business development skills with a track record of success in building profitable relationships
• Experience working in highly regulated operational environment (FAA, TSA, DOT etc.)
• Highly collaborative and effective at building partnerships.
• Ability and willingness to travel as needed, including travel to Alaska, Florida, and Hawaii.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred or relevant experience.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and develop new contacts
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel projects; experienced in setting goals by defining and prioritizing specific, realistic objectives
• Exhibit independent judgment and analytical skills by making sound, justifiable decisions and acting to solve problems
• Demonstrate success in effectively communicating with all levels of business leaders and must have a verifiable track record of relationship building with both internal and external customers
• Demonstrate effective written and oral communication and a proven ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex/detailed information
• Demonstrate success in leading, influencing and managing in a team environment
• Demonstrate initiative, resilience, creativity and innovation
• Computer proficiency in and ability to utilize all of Windows and MS Professional Office standard applications and CRM
NAS is part of Saltchuk which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization -- in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work. To learn more about either NAS or Saltchuk, please visit www.northernaviationservices.aero or www.saltchuk.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer