Truck Mechanic/Field Service Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance, Mechanic, Trucking
Publish Date: August 13, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
The mechanic performs complex repairs on light and heavy-duty vehicles, trailers, and tractors for Delta Western rolling stock and equipment based in Anchorage. This position is also responsible for the work assignments of those mechanics working under his direction.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Communicate with Delta Western and other terminal managers regarding vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Troubleshoots to identify mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or electrical system deficiencies
- Analysis of major components to include their removal, disassembly, rebuilding or replacement
- Performs partial unit overhauls I in-frames with M4 oversight
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Order parts and equipment
- Frequently provides direction/training to feeder positions
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; a degree of completion from two-year college or technical school preferred
- Three to five years’ experience in heavy equipment maintenance
- Refrigerant certification preferred
- Must furnish and keep onsite all necessary tools for completion of the job
- Valid AK driver’s license required and a Class A CDL preferre