Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: November 5, 2019
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
The Treasury Manager is responsible for overseeing the performance of all cash management duties, including cash transfers, negotiating service fees, processing daily deposits, daily overnight cash and short-term and long-term investments for Tropical Shipping. Responsible for overseeing all treasury operations and banking and administration and activities, including monthly account analysis, establishing bank accounts and upkeep of records. Performs cash flow forecasting and other analyses as required.
JOB ID: 9164
To apply for this job please visit hrwppb06v.trophq.tropical.com.
- Oversees all daily cash management duties, including, but not limited to, supervision of staff in monitoring cash balances and transferring funds.
- Maintains bank relations. Oversees all banking activities, both domestic and foreign, and account maintenance, negotiates rates and fees. Establishes new banking relationships and bank account structures as business conditions and requirements demand.
- Responsible for bank account maintenance and administration to mitigate risk of loss and to ensure compliance requirements are met timely.
- Main liaison for day-to-day interaction with Parent Company’s Corporate Treasury Department including, but not limited to, responding to reporting, data, documentation and information requests.
- Engages and coordinates daily interaction with other Tropical Shipping departments (e.g. Accounting, Credit and Collections, Legal, Tax and Information Technology) to ensure inter-department dependencies are administered and executed on a timely basis.
- Prepares cash flow forecasts for Management and Parent Company.
- Proposes investment strategies based on current economic and corporate conditions and prepares investment analysis. Monitors all investment activity.
- Participates in M&A due diligence and post-closing integration planning as needed.
- Resolves problems with cash receipts and disbursements for existing internal and external parties.
- Creates and maintains Departmental policies and procedures. Ensures continual compliance with these policies and procedures and also those of Parent Company’s Corporate Treasury Department.
- Ensures the design integrity and operating effectiveness of internal controls over Treasury processes and activities.
- Recommends Treasury and cash management improvements (particularly regarding automated and technology-based solutions) designed to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Monitors the safety and soundness of financial institutions, and initiates any required action, to minimize loss exposure.
- Prepares financial reports as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related Business field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a treasury and cash management environment, including supervisory responsibility.
- Experience with implementing and utilizing treasury workstations.
- Valid local Driver’s License and valid Passport.
- Ability to travel 10% to various Tropical locations.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.