Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance, Mechanic, Trucking
Publish Date: December 19, 2018
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible to perform all repairs on trailers and related equipment.
- Operates safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots to identify mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or electrical system deficiencies.
- Will work with schematics.
- Must be able to use OEM troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures.
- Analysis of major components to include their removal, disassembly, rebuilding or replacement.
- Must keep work area clean and attend to housekeeping matters.
- Remove, repair and re-install trailer tires.
- Use the yard goat to move trailers for repair.
- Will perform self-fabrication repairs by using cutting/welding tools.
- Conduct annual trailer inspections and certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One to two years trailer and equipment repair and maintenance experience.
- Must have ownership of basic tools to perform the job.
- Valid AK driver's license required.