Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Customer Service, Logistics
Publish Date: May 24, 2019
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Purpose of Job:
Provide guidance on the management of cargo to make sure the correct freight is loaded aboard the vessel and act as a liaison between the commercial and operations team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Track and tracing of cargo.
2. Update sailing schedules.
3. Monitor container movements to ensure cargo is associated with the correct shipment number.
4. Responsible for vessel clean up and final reconciliation for all locations.
5. Work closely with Logistics provider for intermodal tracing results.
6. Prepare and communicate priority cargo list (P2’s) to operations and commercial groups.
7. Prepare daily booking reports to monitor bookings and equipment activity.
8. Professionally handle problem resolutions with all departments.
9. Communicate all tracing results to operations.
10. Communicate vessel updates, arrivals, departures, delays and solutions.
11. Prepare monthly reports for the US Army Corps of Engineering.
12. Monitor the Cargo Support Team mailbox.
13. Process vehicles with and customer’s paperwork to ensure units are loaded to the correct voyage and destination.
14. Prepare after vessel sail reports for the Sales team & Customers.
15. Prepare to work overtime as necessary to accomplish daily tasks to meet deadlines.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
2. Performs other related duties as assigned.
3. Adherence to the Integrated Management System that covers Quality (ISO 9001:2008), Environmental (ISO 14001:2004), and Safety (OHSAS 18001:2007).
Limited supervision. Work is performed to a large extent on own responsibility after assignment, with some choice of method. Occasionally develops own method.
Mistakes and errors in judgment are ones of minor confusion or clerical expense required in the correcting. Easily caught in checking.
Disclosure of Information Selections
This position involves work with some information that should be safeguarded, but the full importance is not apparent or the effect of any disclosure would be negligible.
Financial Responsibility Selections
No authority to commit funds for the organization
Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be detailed oriented and have strong organizational skills.
Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Must have strong customer service skills.
Must be able to work overtime and extended hours as needed to meet deadlines.
High school diploma required, Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree preferred. Five or more years of customer service experience, with three years of transportation experience preferred.
Physical Requirements of the Position
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Visual Requirements of the Position
Visual requirement equal to that for clerical administrative whose work deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, transcription, computer terminal, extensive reading, etc.