Traffic Coordinator – Deluxe Freight – Miami Job ID 9327
Company: Deluxe Freight
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service
Publish Date: May 2, 2021
Company Description: Deluxe Freight has the experience, knowledge and resources relating to all aspects of transportation and logistics. We have the track record and infrastructure to provide an all-embracing service at a competitive price. The growth and business objectives of our clients are ours too - and it’s one of the many reasons customers of all sizes throughout the Cayman Islands have Deluxe as their first choice in freight forwarding. When you become part of the Deluxe Freight family you’ll be assigned a dedicated cargo agent with full knowledge of your business, as well as your specific logistics needs and corporate culture. Not only will you receive customized service, but you’ll also have access to 24 hour online live tracking so you can see all pertinent cargo that’s on hand with just a few clicks. Deluxe Freight has offered exclusive freight forwarding solutions to the Cayman Islands since 1996 and has built a reputation of providing white-glove service.
Responsible for shipment verification process from tally receipt until cargo is cleared to load. Maintains successive customer contact to expedite cargo movement to clear to load status, ensuring appropriate export documents have been received and verified. Coordinates documentation process from the time cargo physically received from shipper until cargo is available to Operations for loading in a container.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Retrieves tally or invoice in order of receipt from incoming bin to perform shipment verification process. Reviews tally to determine if all documents required to prepare cargo for shipment are received. Follows up with appropriate parties (shippers, consignees, or freight forwarders) regarding incomplete documentation to obtain information and process the necessary paperwork required for export shipments. Prepares bonds, when necessary, to expedite shipment.
- Contacts customers to resolve any discrepancies identified in shipment verification process. Makes appropriate changes to the tally and records information regarding changes in appropriate company business systems. Coordinates any changes in the cargo destination with Operations for reticketing of the freight.
- Communicates with shipper, freight forwarder and consignee to facilitate cargo movement. Identifies customer requirements and ensures service levels meet expectations when delivered. (Outside normal service standards yet to be defined.) Explains requirements to sail cargo at service standards to all parties and persuades them to meet requirements. Ensures all personal contact or attempts to contact the customer is documented within "shipment comments" in the appropriate company business systems.
- Communicates with the Freight Coordinator/Warehouse Manager to correct errors discovered from the receiving process. Ensures corrections are made and information documented for proper follow up within Receiving Department.
- Maintains up to date "Cargo on Hand" report. Reconciles physical inventory in accordance with report information. Prioritizes cargo movement efforts based on date cargo received to facilitate expeditious cargo operations. Coordinates efforts with outports providing report information as required.
- Reviews rating on larger shipments with the appropriate tariff to ensure the customer receives the most favorable rate (LCL vs. FCL).
- Completes clear to load (CTL) requirements to expedite cargo movement, making cargo available to the Loading Department.
- Properly assembles the Export Shipment Package for processing by the Documentation Department.
- Ensures compliance to Tropical's storage procedures and sends proper notification to customers through mailings and telephone contact.
- Appropriately files all unresolved invoices and tallies ensuring easy retrieval by all team members.
- Coordinates all day of sail exceptions with Receiving and Loading departments to minimize disruption to normal workflow.
- Verifies all inland trucking collect charges have been paid or are properly processed for payment. Confirms information input into appropriate company business systems reflects the proper charges and payment amounts.
- Advises customers of the information Tropical requires expediting cargo shipments with minimal or no delay. Researches and resolves issues delaying freight movement.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
|High School Diploma or equivalent|
|Two years general business or office experience.|
|Valid Local Driver's License|
|Office Environment - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer. Ability to bend or stoop to retrieve lower shelf files. Ability to reach overhead to retrieve upper shelf files. Ability to sit 1/3 - 2/3 of day. Ability to work on feet for 1/3 - 2/3 day.|