Terminal Operations Manager
Company: TOTE Maritime Alaska
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Operations
Publish Date: June 26, 2018
Company Description: TOTE companies love tradition, but we also explore the possibilities. It’s what we’re known for. Since setting sail as a one-ship company in 1975, TOTE Maritime Alaska has become the premier provider of ocean transportation service between the ports of Anchorage, Alaska and Tacoma, Washington. We operate a fleet of (RO/RO) cargo ships in addition to providing overland connections throughout greater Alaska, Canada and the Lower 48. We built our brand on talented people, smart investments, and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people, and our team is growing. Working at TOTE Maritime Alaska is about pursuit of excellence for our customers and respect for our Employees. We are always seeking people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We look for pride, integrity, grit, approachability and commitment. It’s important at TOTE Maritime Alaska to be able to work productively with others. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a great place to build one.
TOTE Maritime Alaska
TOTE Maritime Alaska, the leader in safe and reliable service to Alaska, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Terminal Operations Manager at our Tacoma Terminal to join our team.
You will be responsible for ensuring the operational excellence in customer service, logistics, and transportation. This position requires you to have strong leadership skills, problem solving abilities, deep customer affinity, continuous improvement acumen and communication skills to lead our terminal operations team.
- As a leader, you will represent TOTE Maritime Alaska in making critical decisions that affect our customers, operations and the vessel operation.
- Enhance and sustain operational excellence through performance-management systems and processes that provide situational clarity and improve decision making. This includes process, safety, quality, people and systems.
- Management of the terminal annual budget as well as apply for and execute capital budget projects
- Directly runs three operations teams and is responsible for the oversight of all terminal operations including safety, security, incident command, vessel /yard operations and maintenance.
- The Terminal Operations Manager will be responsible for building a high-performing operations team through assessing the team's capabilities, aggressively resolving gaps, actively coach leaders to prepare them for greater responsibility, delegate duties to foster empowerment and ownership.
- Proven Leadership Skills and someone who thrives in a team oriented environment.
- Excellent Problem Solving, Outstanding Communication, Multi-tasking skills.
- In-depth knowledge of marine terminal operations.
- Minimum of six to eight years related experience, including operations/stevedoring/vessel cargo operations or terminal operations with six years in a supervisory capacity in business, transportation, logistics or related field).
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proven ability to utilize standard software applications, ecommerce web applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite.