Talent Acquisition Specialist
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Human Resources
Publish Date: August 12, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Talent Acquisition Specialist works closely with department managers to initiate recruitment, onboarding & talent management processes. The Talent Acquisition Specialist assists and supports the Director of Employee Services and Managing Director of Employee Services. All work is conducted in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and in alignment with company goals and strategies.
• Drafts and/or edits Job Descriptions by collaborating with Hiring Managers to determine requirements.
• Builds Requisition Templates from Job Descriptions in UltiPro.
• Maintains and updates Approval Templates for Requisitions in UltiPro.
• Posts job openings internally, externally on Saltchuk Job Board and external sites.
• Develops and maintains professional relationship with colleges, universities, employment agencies, and advertising agencies as sources to generate applicants.
• Develops new strategies and programs to attract candidates.
• Work with Management team to create an effective talent pool.
• Initiates advertisement for open positions with employment agencies and advertising agencies when needed.
• Attends job fairs and career days at technical schools and Universities.
• Schedules individual interviews, or group interviews.
• Coaches managers on the interview process in accordance with state and federal laws.
• Assists managers with interpretation of union contracts as needed.
• Communicates and assists hiring managers in making decisions on selection of new employees.
• Conducts background checks and reference checks.
• Initiates all recruiting and hiring processes through UltiPro.
• Initiates promotions and transfers in UltiPro.
• Processes all new hires through Onboarding in UltiPro.
• Ensure compliance with I-9 and E-Verify.
• Responsible for maintaining position control for all departments.
• Responsible for new hire packets and assisting new hire with paperwork – including pilot records, pre-employment drug tests, airport badge paperwork, drug and alcohol background checks.
• Builds new employee files, orientation packets, and maintain all Employee Services filing.
• Communicates important employment information during delivery of job offers (e.g., benefits, compensation)
• Monitors new hire eligibility for benefit plans, and assists employees to enroll.
• Plans and coordinates New Company Orientation for organization and assists with department presentation as needed.
• Manages internal transfer process, including screening, interviews, job offers, and transfer/offer letters.
• Is responsible for record keeping of pre-employment drug tests for FAA audits.
• Responsible for tracking and gathering the necessary data for the company Affirmative Action Program and provide guidance and support as needed to meet hiring prescribed goals.
• Assists with exit interviews and reports findings to upper management.
• Print, correct, audit, compile and utilize reports.
• Assist, plan & help coordinate with employee/company activities and events.
• Stays updated on recent legislation and company policy regarding employment and recommends changes as needed.
• Assists and supports employees with set up and usage of travel accounts.
• Answers employee inquiries regarding FMLA, TDI, WC, Employee Wellness programs and all other benefits available,
• Work on new initiatives that drive efficiency within the Employee Services Department.
• Demonstrate a high level of organizational skills and work well under pressure.
• Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Must commute to 6 NAC locations at the airport to conduct company business.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma, or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Working knowledge of Human Resources preferred.
• A minimum of one year related clerical, or customer service experience desired.
• 2 years minimum experience with Recruiting & Onboarding.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) desired.
• Ability to write business correspondence.
• Ability to communicate effectively and respond verbally and in writing to management, peers, and outside agencies.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Must have word processing and computer knowledge and experience, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
• This position requires a high degree of confidentiality.
• Excellent people skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse population of applicants.
• Excellent customer service skills for the internal customers Employee Services deals with daily, i.e., supervisors, employees, senior management, as well as external customers is required.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.