Company: Young Brothers, Limited
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management
Publish Date: January 25, 2019
Company Description: Looking for career opportunities with a dynamic, fast-paced company that can result in long-term employment while serving the various communities in Hawaii? If you are, then consider a position with Young Brothers, Ltd. (YB) – on the forefront of the marine freight transportation business. We offer competitive salaries, benefits and future growth opportunities for both shoreside and seagoing careers. At YB, our employees are our most important resource and one of the pillars that help to support a strong foundation on which our company is built. We achieve this through seeking people who are team players, professional, motivated and committed to winning and meeting the needs of our customers and our communities.
Young Brothers, Limited
- Supervises repairs of cargo carrying equipment. Provides guidance towards efficient completion of assigned tasks.
- Collaborates with operations at all ports to ensure that equipment is available for use or repaired and returned to operation in a timely manner.
- Provides a safe working environment in the Hilift Shop.
- Purchases parts and supplies and processes documents in the course of repairs.
- Maintains the equipment records and database on computer files
- Inputs data to the computers.
- Coordinates neighbor island port repair and maintenance schedules and requirements and provides technical assistance and preventive maintenance training as required.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments and with HIlift Shop employees regarding equipment related topics.
- Administers the preventive maintenance program to maximize equipment availability while keeping costs to manageable levels.
- Conducts regular team meetings to share company information and provide a vehicle for information exchange.
- Conducts regular safety meetings to share safety issues and concerns. Communicates information to other departments.
- Conducts coaching sessions where needed to improve employee performance.
- Trains, advises, and renders technical assistance to maintenance personnel and obtains outside technical assistance as required.
- Maintains equipment cost database in PC computer to ensure compliance with equipment repair budget.
- Visits neighbor island port operations to inspect mobile equipment and to supervise the repair and maintenance program provided by sub-contractors.
- Effectively communicates regional goals and objectives.
- Provides direction and leadership to achieve company Core Values, Mission and Safety Vision.
- Processes employee evaluations in a timely manner.
- Directs, motivates and develops employees for maximum performance.
- Performs special duties and other projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Young Brothers, Limited is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Young Brothers, Limited is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.