Stores & Logistics Coordinator
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: October 28, 2020
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Responsible for carrying out routine day to day activities associated with the warehousing and distribution of aircraft parts, materials and tooling in support of maintenance activities at domiciled station in accordance with Company SPM and GMM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Stores & Logistics Coordinator derives his/her authority from and reports directly to the NAC Stores & Logistics Manager.
- He/ She is responsible for day to day operations in the station stockroom by performing the following duties personally or through the assistance of other station personnel;
- Requisitioning, receiving, storing, issuing/disbursing, transferring, exchanging, shipping and ensuring delivery of aircraft parts, tooling, equipment and materials.
- Maintains inventory control and integrity for station; data accuracy and compliance processes for/within TRAX inventory management software.
- Reviews and resolves inventory discrepancies/inquiries at the direction of Stores Management in a timely manner.
- Maintains the preservation of materials and/or tooling within established specifications and/or company requirements by following the appropriate policies and procedures. (e.g., shelf life, static sensitive parts, hazmat, etc.)
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with aircraft maintenance personnel on the distribution and/or fulfillment of parts, materials and tooling requirements.
- Provides purchasing support by analyzing and selecting proper methods of procurement with consideration of urgency of need.
- Assists in the evaluation and establishment of local suppliers based on price, quality, selection, reliability, availability, services, and customer support.
- Maintains procurement records against items or services purchased, costs, product quality or performance, and delivery status.
- Ensures parts are expedited against critical/AOG required orders from suppliers in order to maintain on time operational performance. Communicates status of acquisition in real-time.
- Assists in the replenishment and upkeep of flight spares kits (FAK) in collaboration with the Station Maintenance Manager.
- Maintains proper supplies and equipment for the safe packaging and shipment of aircraft parts, materials, tools and records.
- Ensures a clean and organized workplace condition is maintained.
- Audits and maintains currency of calibrated tools and shelf life items in collaboration with ANC Stores.
- Acts as expeditor for AOG parts situations if/when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience in logistics with a 14 CFR Part 121, 135 or 145 aircraft stores parts department preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must possess a valid State driver’s license with a clean driving record for the past five years, must provide a copy of the motor vehicle record.
- Must be able to operate a forklift to load and unload trucks.
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
- Must be able to stand on and work off ladders for periods of time
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with professionalism and accuracy.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history records check and security threat assessment.
- Ability to deliver regular and predictable attendance.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to work a schedule accommodating a 24/7 operation with minimum supervision. (e.g., holidays, weekends or non-traditional hours)
- Work overtime on short notice when operationally necessary.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with high productivity and accuracy.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to respond to change or multiple work demands.
- Must possess strong teamwork skills.
Special Position Requirements
- Successful completion of all operation required training and tests, including hazardous material handling including;
- Stockroom Program Manual
- General Maintenance Manual, as applicable
- RVSM procedures, as applicable
- Detecting and reporting Suspected Unapproved Parts
- Receiving Inspection procedure
- Operation of Forklift
- Shipment of Hazardous Materials
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.