Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: September 1, 2021
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
POSITION PROFILE (Job Summary)
This position is responsible for assisting the company in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial information.
Essential Job Responsibilities AND Results
Performs general accounting functions including the following:
- Participate in and prepare a variety of closing journal entries for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close.
- Manage and reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and execute various accounting transactions (e.g. journal entries, cash, etc.).
- Prepare year-end audit schedules.
- Assist in preparation of financial and ad-hoc reports, as needed.
- Participate in and assist with ad-hoc projects, as needed.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred (accounting).
- 1+ years related accounting experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a CPA or CMA certificate is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of corporate accounting processes.
- Excellent accounting skills, including knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Financial Accounting Standards and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge or experience with SAP preferred.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and staff throughout the organization.
- Proven ability to apply analytical skills to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand and fingers for computer input.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical information furnished in written, oral, mathematical and diagram form.
• Must be able to prioritize and be proactive in a fast-paced changing environment.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
NAC is part of Saltchuk which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization — in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.