Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting, Finance
Publish Date: July 10, 2019
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
This position is responsible for creation, analysis, and publication of financial reports, including standard financial statements and on-demand reporting; providing financial services; operating and capital budgeting development and analysis; and long-term forecasts
Essential Job Responsibilities AND Results
- Creation, analysis, and publication of financial reports, including standard financial reports and on-demand reporting, includes monthly/quarterly reporting to Saltchuk, Tote Inc. and operating companies.
- Flash reporting, KPI reporting, month-end closing tasks, financial analysis and capital and operating budget preparation and analysis.
- Developing and updating long-term forecast models.
- Providing general support, system & database support for Lawson Financial, Hyperion Essbase, and Hyperion Analyzer software systems.
- Analyzing industry and competitor financial information for company-wide (Saltchuk) use.
- Provide internal control analysis for Tote Inc. operating companies by identifying significant processes, mapping to general ledger accounts and documenting controls. Test adequacy and effectiveness of documented controls.
- State and local tax issues including completion of returns and management of audits
- Provides accounting and financial system guidance to management and staff of other divisions.
- Provides budget assistance to management and staff.
- Act as Finance lead on assigned TOTE, Inc. and/or operating company projects.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree required (in accounting, finance, or related field).
- Three to five years related finance/accounting experience.
KNOWLEDGE, Skills And Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and reporting systems.
- Excellent accounting skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires moderate use of personal computer (word processing and spreadsheets) for compiling reports, statistical data, composing memoranda and other similar documents.