Sr Credit Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Administrative, Finance, Trucking
Publish Date: December 1, 2020
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
Carlile Transportation Systems Credit and Collections department has an immediate need for a Sr. Credit Associate. This position will start out as a temporary role for at least 90 days and may transition to a regular position. The selected candidate will need the ability to work from a home office as this is a Teleworker position.
The Sr. Credit Associate is responsible for managing escalated collection issues as well as processing a high volume of customer contacts in a fast-paced environment, collecting on past due receivables from Carlile customers with delinquent accounts, effectively addressing customer payment processes, and positively communicating with customers. This position is a telework position – working from incumbent’s home office.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- High school diploma or GED required
- AA or BA i accounting or related discipline is preferred
- Seven to ten years of previous experience in credit, collection in the transportation industry or in a business-to-business environment
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate and updated account records, initiate contact to resolve delinquency issues, and keep portfolio under targets
- Initiates collection action by contacting customer, collaborating with the sales team, and securing payments according to company policy
- Audit and review contract terms for sales, service, and credit against approved relationship check lists, and takes corrective action to resolve variances with team members
- Gathers critical credit data and evaluates new customer application for extending credit terms and limits based on credit worthiness
- Engage with third-party payors and customer payment portals to ensure timely payments
- Research, identify, and resolve root causes for invoice disputes
- Research and reconcile customer payment remittance posting issue to resolution
- Provide clear communication and record all dispute contact notes in the appropriate system
- Collaborate with Credit Manager on customer accounts, collection efforts, and outside collections/bankruptcies
- Contribute to and promote ongoing continuous improvement efforts for the department
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor