Sr. Analyst of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
Company: Northern Aviation Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: February 5, 2020
Company Description: Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of operating companies: Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services and StratAir. NAS companies provide air cargo and logistic services throughout the United States and beyond. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate at a high level of safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
Northern Aviation Services
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Sr. Analyst supports Finance and Senior Management by interpreting financial information, identifying and highlighting trends in financial performance, conducting financial analysis and making recommendations to support processes and profit improvement. He/she will also execute the long-term financial strategy development by reviewing, analyzing, and assisting preparation and development of the annual strategic long term & operating plans.
From a cultural standpoint, the successful candidate will stay close to the Business and will be a collaborative team player who builds strong relationships across functional lines and thrives on adding value. He/she will have highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including outstanding presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively at all levels of the organization.
- Support the development and execution of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, focusing on underlying business drivers, key financial and operating metrics, and sensitivity analysis.
- Develop reports for forecasting and monthly financial results analysis, including presentation of financials to senior management.
- Take large quantities of financial data and analytic results and condense them into a coherent story with clear, easy-to-understand conclusions and implications.
- Collaborate with P&L and cost center managers to ensure good financial decision-making and partnership.
- Prepare Management presentation materials and other formal financial materials. Develop clear and informative methods of presenting financial data to Senior Management
- Partner with Senior Management to provide strategic options to support decision making
- Utilize SAP and Business Objects to develop value-added reporting tools.
- Understand financial operations of the business and educate others inside and outside the Finance/Accounting group about the financial performance of their respective area.
- Focus on key performance indicators and/or ongoing process improvement opportunities.
- Review and analyze all capital spending projects; plan and monitor capital spending.
- Lead ad-hoc analytical projects and strategic initiatives.
- Continuous critical review and evaluation of departmental processes in an effort to streamline and automate.
- Any other tasks and projects as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics or a related field; MBA desirable; strong Accounting experience and understanding
- 10+ years of relevant experience in FP&A or related field; experience in Aviation / Transportation industry or Strategy consulting is a plus
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required; knowledge of VBA is a plus
- Strong and meticulous analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Collaborative team player, strong relationship-building, and active partnership with cross-functional teams
- Hands-on/roll-up-your-sleeves approach, working with the team to produce high quality work products; we are a detail-oriented organization and will drill to invoice-level data when needed
- Meet all deadlines/deliverables; we are a fast-paced environment with strict timetables to ensure we complete all assigned work
- Outstanding verbal/written communication, presentation, organizational and teamwork skills are required
- Ability to build and maintain internal customer relationships; works well with others, collaborative and cooperative
- Self-starter with ability to work independently; high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit
Positions at this level have a high level of contact with management and staff throughout the organization.
STRESS ON THE JOB
Positions at this level will encounter varying degrees of stress throughout the month.
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires use of personal computer (word processing and spreadsheets) for compiling reports, statistical data, composing memoranda and other similar documents.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
NAS is part of Saltchuk which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization -- in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work. To learn more about either NAS or Saltchuk, please visit or .
Equal Opportunity Employer