Shipwright – Asst. Foreman
Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Labor
Publish Date: October 12, 2020
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
- Responsible to oversee crews performing carpentry work related to the construction and repair of vessels
- Maintain alignment of vessel during construction or repair
- Builds keel and bilge blocks, cradles, and shoring for supporting ships in drydocks
- Positions and secures blocking and other structures on dock platform, according to ship’s blueprints
- Build systems staging and wood platforms for other crafts
- Fabricates and install wood framing
- Knowledge and proficient use of hand and power tools.
- May be required to travel to jobsites away from Shipyard and utilize company vehicle.
- Able to read and comprehend blue-prints or plan sheets
- Able to generate Job Safety Analysis, and give direction to crew members
- Able to coach and train other employees on the job tasks
- Able to inspect and verify quality of work
- Able to coordinate work with other crafts
- Assist / Stand in for Shop Foreman with administrative duties
- Timekeeping of crew members
- Delegation of work
- Scheduling of work
- Ordering parts and equipment
- Assist with project estimations
- Assist to write CFR’s
- Maintain organization and housekeeping in work area and shop
- Maintain tools & equipment
- Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
- Transverse gangways, scaffolding and ladders at varying heights
- Adhere to all company safety, environmental, quality assurance and security programs
- Adhere to company policies
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.