Shared Service Controller
Company: NorthStar Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting, Administrative, Finance
Publish Date: October 15, 2020
Company Description: NorthStar Energy is a holding company with energy distribution businesses operating in Alaska and Hawaii. We are committed to being the vital link between best in class fuel solutions and our customers in remote communities, now and into the future. Right now, people are reassessing their relationship with fuel, as they become more efficient and conscious about energy. At NorthStar Energy it is our plan to take advantage of our integral position in niche markets to lead the way in energy innovation and decarbonization.
The NorthStar Energy Shared Service Controller is responsible for the leadership and management of the NorthStar Energy’s shared service accounting function, which provides billing, payment and inventory accounting to certain NorthStar operating companies.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
- Manage the shared services invoicing processes for multiple business lines delivering timely and accurate billing of goods and services.
- Manage the shared services Accounts Payable processes for multiple business lines providing timely accrual and payment of vendor invoices.
- Manage the shared services inventory processes for multiple business lines providing real-time inventory accounting and timely reconciliations of book to physical inventories.
- Manage the shared services credit function for multiple operating companies ensuring consistent application of credit and collections policies, assessment of creditworthiness of potential and existing customers.
- Manage the monthly accounting close for each function to ensure an accurate and timely close and within the close deadlines developed by the NorthStar Corporate Controller.
- Implement, modify, and monitor internal controls to ensure accurate reporting of all shared services financial activities and full compliance with all related NorthStar and Saltchuk accounting policies.
- Drive productivity improvements throughout the shared services functions through development of a clear written roadmap identifying process improvements through process change and through implementation of cost-effective technology.
- Develop and provide ongoing reporting of shared service productivity metrics and service quality metrics both to customers and to business units using the shared services.
- Deliver at all times exemplary customer service to the operating businesses, their customers and vendors through clear communication and follow through.
- Develop and maintain a culture ongoing process improvement with a spirit of collaboration and peer support.
- Working with the NorthStar Corporate Controller develop integration plans for acquisitions joining the shared services.
- Manage, mentor and engage with team and colleagues in a manner that reflects NorthStar’s values of cohesion, commitment, courage, and personal agency.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 8-10 years’ experience in public accounting or a corporate accounting department with demonstrated career progression, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Professional Skills and Experience
- Excellent process improvement skills, leadership skills and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Experience with MAS 90-200 preferred
- CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office