Senior Stevedore – Riviera Beach Job ID 9347
Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Publish Date: May 3, 2021
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Primarily operates straddle carrier in all aspects of ship loading and yard operations. Operates other various equipment including jockey truck, forklift, and reach stacker as needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Operates straddle carrier in shipside, port, and yard area.
- Decks and undecks containers from chassis.
- Transfers containers to and from COFC rail area in port.
- Keeps containers in rows properly spaced according to port layout. Inputs location into system to ensure accurate recording.
- Works closely with Yard Manager and Stevedore I regarding requests for specific equipment needs.
- Works closely with all department personnel to ensure smooth and efficient vessel stevedoring.
- Works closely with light damage repairman and wash-out personnel to coordinate movement of repaired equipment.
- Performs daily maintenance and visual inspections of straddle carrier.
- Supports sweep out area in port.
- Maintains certification and proficiency in jockey truck and reach stacker operations.
- Decks out reefer empties during cargo down-time to assist Stevedore I with container positioning.
- Performs Stevedore I or Stevedore II duties as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION:||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|EXPERIENCE:||Three years in operation of jockey truck and reach stacker. One year in Stevedoring Department.|
|LICENSE:||Valid State of Florida Commercial Driver's License. Certified to operate forklift, reach stacker and strad carrier.|
|PHYSICAL:||Operations: Must be able to climb and descend strad ladder at heights up to one hundred (100) feet several times daily. Ability to twist and turn to visually ensure container is properly secure and passage is clear. Ability to reach overhead to operate radio. Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer or handheld. Ability to frequently twist, bend, reach, squat, kneel, climb on equipment, push/pull 50 pounds, crawl, lift and carry at least 80 pounds and push/pull 200 pounds daily. Able to withstand constant exposure to extreme weather conditions. Must pass DOT physical|