Senior Rate Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Customer Service, Finance
Publish Date: December 18, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position works closely with the Rating and Billing Manager to create and maintain the rate database (rate/billing software).
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Coordinates directly with billing team to capture all needed information to maintain accurate invoicing
- Backup support for all Rate Engineer functions in absence or overflow.
- Training of Rate Engineer in entry processes and audit of effectiveness.
- Audits the effectiveness of existing rate structures and implements changes to meet rating/billing standards
- Supports manager in creation of reports, upholds established procedures, and efforts to achieve KPIs
- Perform more complex shipment billing and billing approval to support automation of billing.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in business administration or a related field
- Experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a 1:1 basis (one year of experience for every one year of education required for degree completion)
- Five years’ experience with freight rating or equivalent experience, transportation industry experience a plus