Senior Manager/Director, Finance
Company: Saltchuk Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: April 4, 2019
Company Description: Saltchuk is a privately owned family of transportation and distribution companies committed to being the best in North America. Headquartered in Seattle, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading environmental innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a phenomenal place to build one. Visit www.saltchuk.com.
Saltchuk is a diversified collection of asset-heavy companies with annual capital expenditures exceeding $100 million, and the effectiveness of our capital budgeting is one of the most important factors of Saltchuk’s success. In this role, you’ll have primary responsibility for assisting our subsidiaries through the Capital Allocation Request (“CAR”) process and ensuring a sound business case for prospective capital investments. The ability to develop thoughtful investment analyses incorporating the key assumptions and risks is a fundamental skill for this role.
As part Saltchuk’s broader finance team, you will oversee the production of routine reporting materials related to the organization’s capital allocation and budgeting activities. You will also act as the project manager for ad hoc projects to improve the finance organization as well as understand the key trends and drivers impacting our financial condition and outlook.
- You’ll have day-to-day responsibility for managing the CAR process, including reviewing business cases, leading diligence, and overseeing thoughtful investment analyses.
- You will be the primary contact for business unit CAR requests and will need to maintain an effective and transparent process across the stakeholders at Corporate Home and subsidiary companies.
- You’ll be responsible for effectively managing analysts, collaborating with subsidiary leadership and leveraging the resources of the routine Financial Planning & Analysis processes to drive sound decision making.
- You will drive continuous improvement of the CAR process and capture process improvements in the CAR process manual, CAR policy and related materials.
- You’ll be responsible for the timely and accurate production of routine Capital budgeting and reporting materials for Saltchuk’s leadership team and board.
- Depending on your skillset, you will be asked to assist with other ad hoc assignments related to the broader responsibilities of the Finance function.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, finance or a related field.
- An MBA or prior formal leadership training is preferred.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of total finance experience, preferably with prior experience in capital budgeting or financial planning & analysis.
- You have experience developing and evaluating the quantitative and qualitative merits of business cases and investment opportunities.
- Experience working with capital intensive businesses and industries a plus.
- You have strong knowledge of finance theory and understand fundamental accounting concepts.
- You can balance the big picture with professional service-level attention to detail.
- Your strong communication skills enable you to speak and write clearly and concisely, as well as build relationships across subsidiaries and corporate functions.
- You’re great at managing projects and people, and have demonstrated leadership success. You can work independently with subject matter experts or at a fast pace with interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience with M&A or valuation work is a plus, and will provide additional opportunities.
- Experience with SQL and Data Reporting & Analysis tools a plus.
Qualified applicants should respond by sending their resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources, Saltchuk
450 Alaskan Way S, Suite 708 | Seattle, WA 98104
Saltchuk is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization — in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work. Please see www.saltchuk.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org