Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Saltchuk Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: January 5, 2022
Company Description: Saltchuk is a privately owned family of transportation and distribution companies committed to being the best in North America. Headquartered in Seattle, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading environmental innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a phenomenal place to build one. Visit www.saltchuk.com.
Who are you?
You’re an experienced and detailed audit professional. You’re motivated, effectively assess operations, and understand the importance of your role as a trusted advisor to the shareholders, the Audit Committee, and Saltchuk leadership.
As Senior Internal Auditor, be prepared to spend up to 20 percent of your time on the road, participating in financial, operational and compliance audits for our six business units with 30+ operating companies and our corporate office. You may travel to the Caribbean, Central and South America, and U.S. locations that include Alaska and Hawaii.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’ll support or lead multiple, simultaneous risk-based audits for the company’s six primary operating groups and corporate office.
- You’ll work with a collaborative team and independently as required, communicating progress clearly and concisely.
- You’ll participate in audit planning; effectively completing fieldwork, work papers and reporting for integrated audit engagements.
- You understand the business risks, technology risks, and related controls.
- You’ll gather and evaluate the adequacy of existing internal controls through the review of written procedures, interviews and audit tests.
- You’ll summarize your observations, and work with business personnel to develop practical, beneficial solutions.
- You’ll prepare audit reports that accurately summarize the most significant results, control weaknesses, and potential impacts to the organization.
A Consummate Professional who Demonstrates Integrity:
- You’ll function in a highly professional and confidential manner consistent with the Institute of Internal Auditor’s International Professional Practices Framework, and other professional standards.
The Big Picture:
- You’ll be a key contributor to Internal Audit’s vision of becoming a trusted advisor to our partners.
- You’ll understand the Saltchuk organization and develop relationships to provide tangible business value.
- You’ll partner with other groups inside and outside the organization – operating company management, finance personnel, and external auditors – to be a resource in designing and assessing appropriate processes and internal controls.
- You’ll provide input regarding Internal Audit initiatives, such as training needs, departmental development and other internal projects.
- You’ll represent Saltchuk Resources, Inc. Internal Audit on company initiatives and special projects.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- You're a CPA, CIA (or hold a similar certification) or will be one soon.
- You have at least three years of financial or internal audit experience in a public, corporate or government setting, including previous experience supporting the planning, execution, and documentation of audits consistent with professional standards, policies, and procedures.
- You have demonstrated skills in building relationships and trust.
- You have a strong understanding of financial statements and related auditing techniques.
- You have previous experience with performing process walkthroughs; documenting processes and related internal controls; evaluating control design; and testing for control operating effectiveness.
- You have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and we’d prefer you to have experience with Visio; data extraction (e.g. SQL or other tools) and analysis; and Teammate+ Audit.
- Speak Spanish? That’s a plus!