Senior Finanical Analyst
Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Finance
Publish Date: February 6, 2020
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
This position focuses on Project Services and New Markets which is characterized by large, long-term deals and partnerships which will shape the future of the company. The position will interact regularly with Senior Leadership, and will construct financial models for major projects that drive the future direction of the business. Prospective candidates for the position must possess very strong financial and analytical skills along with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to collaborate well with others.
- Develop financial models and analyze financial and business data to support data-driven decision making around new business opportunities, including entering new markets.
- Ad hoc analyses, including market and competitor analysis, merger & acquisition due diligence support, and valuation analyses
- Support the development of long-range financial model, which includes modeling of business performance and capital expenditures
- Support annual budgeting, rolling monthly forecasting, monthly reporting, and ad hoc reporting for your assigned business areas.
- Provide insights into historical and projected financial performance through analysis and interpretation of results.
- Analyze and monitor current and past trends in KPI including operational and financial metrics.
- Lease vs. buy analyses
- Make process recommendations within the company.
- Preparing materials, analyses, and presentations for Board of Directors and senior management
- Leading and participating in various projects throughout the year
- Understands and complies with Foss’ Affirmative Action Plan, EEO, Non-Discrimination, Harassment, and all other HR policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates regional/department goals and objectives.
- Provides direction and leadership to achieve company Core Values, Mission and Safety Vision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Adheres to all company policies.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills, critical thinker, and an innate curiosity to find actionable insights in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well with and be of service to others at all levels.
- Modern finance skills (Advanced Excel, SQL, SAP knowledge, PowerApps).
- Experience with financing transactions or mergers & acquisition due diligence.
- Understanding of accounting concepts, financial statements and how they interact.
- Solid understanding of finance theory.
- Very strong attention to detail as work is fast-paced and supports significant financial decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business performance and financial results; understanding and ability to articulate how the business operations.
- Self-starter, able to work in an unstructured environment, manage long-term projects, and proactively identify solutions.
- Familiarity with credit analysis, loan/debt agreements, banking services, and/or corporate treasury activities preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to communicate financial concepts and reports to non-financial managers.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance or accounting, with advanced degree (CPA, MBA, CFA or CTP) preferred. Must have 4 — 7 years of relevant experience, particularly in financial analysis, reporting, forecasting and planning. Must be willing to periodically travel as needed.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.