Senior Financial Analyst
Company: NorthStar Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: January 7, 2021
Company Description: NorthStar Energy is a holding company with energy distribution businesses operating in Alaska and Hawaii. We are committed to being the vital link between best in class fuel solutions and our customers in remote communities, now and into the future. Right now, people are reassessing their relationship with fuel, as they become more efficient and conscious about energy. At NorthStar Energy it is our plan to take advantage of our integral position in niche markets to lead the way in energy innovation and decarbonization.
The Sr. Financial Analyst, FPA supports the annually budget process, monthly forecasting and reporting processes, business unit operational analysis and ad hoc reporting.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
- Actively participate in annual budget process to develop business unit budgets in alignment with corporate initiatives.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reporting package including analysis of budget to actual results and an updated outlook for the year.
- Collaborating with business units, develop timely and accurate monthly financial forecasts with insightful analysis against budget.
- Support development of management dashboard providing insightful and actionable operational metrics.
- Develop meaningful business unit operational and investment analysis identifying business drivers, trends, risks and opportunities.
- Develop, improve and build budget and forecast models, templates and analytical tools.
- Perform ad hoc business analysis as requested, including research, presenting alternative strategies to current plans, modeling impact of various business decisions.
- Provide value to the operating companies through detailed business analysis, identification of opportunities and solutions with a clear path of action.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field and 5+ years of finance, accounting, or related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with financial statement analysis and understanding of accounting
- Experience with databases, SQL queries and data analytic tools
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to work independently and as a team member
- Self-motivated and takes initiative on projects and assignments