Senior Business Analyst
Company: Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: September 20, 2019
Company Description: Headquartered at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport in Anchorage, Alaska, Northern Aviation Services (NAS) is comprised of six operating companies — Aloha Air Cargo, Aloha Tech Ops, Northern Air Cargo, Northern Air Maintenance Services, StratAir and NAS Contract Services. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our workplaces operate a high level safety, providing reliable best-in-class customer service, while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve. NAS Contract Services provides best-in-class aviation logistic expertise and support services including logistical support to oilfield and other industrial projects, charter aircraft services, terminal management and transient aircraft services.
Northern Aviation Services, Inc.
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of various projects as assigned by the Managing Director, Financial Planning and Analysis and the CFO. The Senior Business Analyst is expected to make substantial contributions to analysis of ongoing operations, perform modeling for a wide range of scenarios, identify and develop new measures to improve business performance, and support the development and growth of more junior members of the Financial Planning and Analysis department.
Northern Aviation Services is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Saltchuk family of companies, providing a range of aviation related support services primarily in North America with revenues of over $220 million. Through our operating brands, Northern Air Cargo, Aloha Air Cargo, and StratAir we collectively transport over 250 million pounds of freight annually via our scheduled cargo service in Alaska and Hawaii and on-demand charters throughout North and South America. Other services include third party aircraft maintenance, management services and consulting expertise, aviation support services for large-scale industrial projects, and scheduled freighter service throughout the Caribbean and Latin America. Our nearly 1,000 employees are committed to providing safe, reliable service for our valued customers, which include most major freight companies and air cargo integrators in the markets we serve. NAC is also a member of the Civil Reserve Air Fleet in support of the US Department of Defense.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages complex projects independently, maintaining good communication with stakeholders and others in the department.
• Identifies and proposes new areas of focus and new metrics to drive business improvement.
• Maintains proficiency with current analytical tools and resources.
• Proactively identifies and develops new skills and abilities in support of constantly improving the quality of metrics and analysis.
• Promotes and encourages the use of analytical tools in the business by providing effective documentation and guidance to business users.
• Assists in guiding the work of more junior analysts on large projects and supports the development of other team members.
• Produces regular substantive analysis on key business areas and collaborates with business owners to drive improvement.
• Supports quality control efforts for existing metrics and new projects.
To apply for this job please visit rew31.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Four year degree or experience that ensures the candidate has the computational, mathematical and analytical skills necessary for the position.
• Airline experience preferred
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
• Ability to work with complex mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to analyze a problem and/or situation.
• The Senior Business Analyst must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects and competing priorities.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word. Experience with Business Objects or SAP preferred.
• Accuracy and attention to detail required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
• The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to use hand and fingers for computer input.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.