Senior Billing Coordinator
Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: October 12, 2020
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
This position is responsible for providing technical support related to pricing and processing of invoices and requires extensive familiarity with, and experience in accounting/involving practices and contract interpretation. Further, familiarity of internal controls surrounding the Order to Cash function. This position will have significant involvement in process improvement initiatives, documenting existing processes, and assisting in establishing new processes. Familiarity with modern billing system functionality and utilizing technology to enhance efficiencies in the billing process.
- Review and price jobs in accordance with contracts.
- Process invoices.
- Interprets job orders and contracts to determine what rate is applicable.
- Work through job discrepancies like job times and tug movements.
- Interface with operations/sales to ensure jobs are priced and billed correctly based on the work performed.
- Responds to customer’s inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Communicates with internal teams to work through job questions and rates.
- Participates in month end tasks and inquires.
- Compiles billing metric reports.
- Participates in process improvement initiative to further the departmental and company goals.
- Works with internal Billing department personnel and internal business partners to identify new procedures to be created or identify existing process changes that need to be made.
- Be a leader for “SpeakUp”, including encouraging peers to exhibit a safe and ethical culture.
- Understands and complies with Company policies and procedures, including Non-Discrimination, Harassment, and Saltchuk Code of Ethical Business Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Adheres to all department processes, procedures and controls.
- Adheres to all company policies.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand contracts/rate applications and interpret job order and contract details.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced Billing environment with minimum supervision to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to organize workload and prioritize projects in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Understands Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Skills in analytical thinking, problem solving, planning/organizing, decision-making, and follow-through.
- Ability to understand current procedures and identify opportunities for improvements in the process and in the documentation.
- Proven ability to understand and efficiently utilize systems to maximize processing output on a daily basis.
- Familiarity of internal controls surrounding the Order to Cash function.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and produce an accurate and organized work product.
- Strong skills in interpersonal relations, ability to work closely with others, ability to cooperate with others in a manner that recognizes the importance of team work in achieving company goals.
- Computer operation skills: advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills, knowledge of Windows environment, and prior use or knowledge SAP is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required, with five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.